Service Provided Organization: Bursa Eskişehir Bilecik Development Agency
Event Date: 10-11 May 2016
Event Location: Eskişehir Anemon Hotel
- Raising awareness to the economy created by animation studios located in Anadolu University and Eskişehir and bringing the national animation sector together in Eskişehir.
- The content of the Anatolian Animation contest was developed by Anadolu University and jury members. 10 Universities were visited to explain the specifications developed and contest conditions. A website was created and updated.
- Short animated films were published on social media. The animated intro movie that promoted the contest was published as a viral ad. Contest posters were distributed to animation studios.
- The submissions of the contestants were compiled in the online system. The jury meeting was organized.
- Preparatory steps such as sending invitations and producing awards to be presented at the awards ceremony to be held on the last day of Animation and Digital Works Festival were carried out.
- Local and international prominent speakers, who would address to the current topics of animation sector, were contacted. Directors of Oscar nominee blockbuster films and authorities from major production companies like Disney participated in the festival.
- A ‘company stand area’, where important brands from animation sector would be included along with their portfolios, was established. The producers were invited to tour the area where sector representatives met.
- Prior to the event, a special selection from the collected portfolios of students was made, and by this way, 10 students had the opportunity to meet in person with 3 different animation studios and present their portfolios to them.
- Special film screenings were organized. 2 feature films and films that won awards in the previous contests were displayed during the festival.
The animation sector, the public and the university came together in Eskişehir. Agreements on projects and new work opportunities for students were provided. A multi-faceted and diverse festival was organized to raise awareness for the city which aims to become a center of animation.
Application Period: 7 Mounths